Book Title: The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander: From Preschool to HighSchool--How Parents and Teachers Can Help Break the Cycle (Updated Edition)
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Author: Barbara Coloroso
It's the deadliest combination going: bullies who terrorize, bullied kids who are afraid to tell, bystanders who watch, and adults who see the incidents as a normal part of childhood. All it takes to understand that this is a recipe for tragedy is a glance at headlines across the country. In this updated edition of The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander, which includes a new section on cyberbullying, one of the world's most trusted parenting educators gives parents, caregivers, educators—and most of all, kids—the tools to break the cycle of violence.
Drawing on her decades of work with troubled youth, and her wide experience in the areas of conflict resolution and reconciliatory justice, Barbara Coloroso explains:
- The three kinds of bullying, and the differences between boy and girl bullies
- Four abilities that protect your child from succumbing to bullying
- Seven steps to take if your child is a bully
- How to help the bullied child heal and how to effectively discipline the bully
- How to evaluate a school's antibullying policy
- And much more
This compassionate and practical guide has become the groundbreaking reference on the subject of bullying.